Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tulips Are Blooming in Holland, Michigan...

Tulips are blooming in May... Lalalalalala Holland, Michigan....

Anyone who grew up around here probably now has this song stuck in their head, too. You're welcome.

It's that time of year...the annual Tulip Time Festival. Although I don't enjoy the traffic and crowds...tulips are my all time favorite flower (gerbera daisies come in second). This year I got to play with one of my new lenses....so I was in Heaven.

We had a good time down town for the festival today. We caught about an hour of the muziek parade, went to dinner (our first time going to a restaurant with just the 5 of us!), walked around to see the tulips and then finished off the evening watching the dutch dancers. We made a day of it. I think Elise enjoyed her first Tulip Time. :-)

Now I'm going to post WAY too many pictures, but I couldn't decide on just a few!





























3 comments:

The Rotman's said...

Those are great!! I LOVE the first one of all three. That would make a great Christmas card if it were that time of year. I'll be getting our pics this week and will hopefully post soon. Ours didn't cooperate as much as yours did. They look like they did great!

Jaxmom said...

LOVE the tulip time pics!! I wish I could have come there!! I will try to do it next year!!!

TracyVDM said...

I would love that, Jill!