At the visitation, I was eyeing all of the beautiful flowers that people had sent and instantly had an idea, but wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do. One particular arrangement was comprised of tulips that had not yet opened up, but at the funeral, I noticed that they were fully opened and it got me thinking about new life. How some chapters close, but new ones are always opening, and how fortunate we were to have the new life of Elise to celebrate during the difficult time we were going to go through. After the funeral, we took one of the arrangements home with us and I took a bunch of photographs of Elise with some of the different flowers that were in it, so that we would have them in memory of her. So, we decided what to do with them. I put them together into a book for my father-in-law. We also thought it would be special for Elise to have these pictures when she gets older. Even though she only was able to meet her Grandma VanDerMeulen the one time, she will have the pictures of herself with the flowers forever.
Now that we've been able to give the book to my father-in-law, we can share them on here, too.
Here are a couple of our favorites, and the rest can be seen in the montage below.



No comments:
Post a Comment